Ah, memes—the selfish genes of the digital genome. The current entry:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog. I was tagged by Lisa Hirsch and Dick Strawser.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog – some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. If you don’t have 7 blog friends, or if someone else already took dibs, then tag some unsuspecting strangers.
Given that the very fabric of the blogosphere is held together by over-sharing, I think seven unknown random facts is a pretty ambitious request. But here goes:
1. I know way more about T. E. Lawrence than I’ll ever have any chance to use.
2. I once played one of the Three Slaves in a production of Die Zauberflöte that left in all the dialogue for the Three Slaves. I think the director regretted it.
3. I can raise one eyebrow. I taught myself to do this because my dad can do it. He still does it better than me.
4. Instruments I have played in public at one time or another, all badly:
- Double bass
- Alto saxophone
- Guitar (in character, as Friedrich von Trapp)
5. I once dropped Lucy Shelton on the floor while swing dancing.
6. On a family trip to Washington, D.C., I was the only one who took the Pentagon tour.
7. I cut my own hair.
Tag seven people? Man, this meme is a lot of work. OK—Kyle, Molly, Darcy, Hester, Mark, Andrew, and Richard: you’re it.